my first MM-fondant cake :] yayyyyyyy! so exciting! i had been deciding for weeks what to do for my first cake order =O it came to this result!!
it literally took me 2days to do .. was stressful but i finally managed to finish it in time ^________^
i made marshmallow fondant (see below for recipe) instead of the usual one so its yummier to eat =P it was sooooooooo messy to work with at the start!!!!! but the results of texture&taste were awesome.
gotta thank my sis for helping me too and doin those delicate little nails *muah* :]
i was superrrrr nervous when i bought the cake to the restaurant .. kept thinking "OMG .. its gonna taste bad" "OMG they arent gonna think its pretty" etcetc .. but everyone was so kind and gave me great motivation to do another cake next time. hearing compliments for your hard work is really really rewarding ^_______^
the cake was so moist&soft. it was soooo yummy again. same cake i made for my dad's *its a winnerrrrrrrr* =D
i give you my first MM fondant cake *drum-roll*:
the makinggggg process
the bottom half was literally jus plain blue .. i finished up and went to bed about 12am .. couldnt sleep - keot rolling around thinking of the cake -_______- SO guess what i did?? i woke up .. and started to add those pockets and made the little pencil&eraser and ended up goin back to sleep about 3am. got up at 530am for school YAY FUNFUN =( ahahaha! but thank god i thought of it, looked so much more better! ;]
the inside of the slice (not a pretty pic sorry!! btw thats a metal cyclindr thing to keep the top layer up XD damit EXPOSED hahahaha )
how cute are these candles!!!!! came in such handy =D
Marshmallow Fondant LVL ☆☆☆☆
you will need:
- 500g of white marshmallows
- 2 tbs of water
- 1kg of icing sugar
- first put all the marshmallow into a big bowl
- evenly distribute the water on the marshmallows
- pop them in the microwave for abt 30secs, take out and give it a good mix again
- put it back into the microwave for about another 30-40secs till the marshmallows have melted
- mix it till it forms a smooth mixture
- next grease a big working-bench with crisco (trust me! u need heaps or it will stick to the table!!!! make sure u grease enough of the working space u need)
- pour 500g of icing sugar into the marshmallow mixture, give it a good stir. (doesnt matter if its not enough icing sugar in it, u just want to make it easier to work with when tour kneading it next)
- next, sprinkle some icing sugar on the bench, put all the mixture onto your working bench. grease your hands with crisco.
- pour some of the icing sugar on the marshmallow and start to knead everything in.
- repeat this until u form a nice soft looking dough.
- wrap up the fondant tightly and place it in a freezer bag with no air.
- chill for 24hrs
more birthday cake orders coming upppppp! better get my thinking-cap on!!! XD