Friday, January 8, 2010
happy twenty-first birthday to sophie ^_______^
a lovely young lad orders a tiffany&co. cake from me for his girlfriend's birthday; how sweet! this was a pretty big project for me! turned out pretty well! :]
all packed and ready to be delivered! ^_______^
set up @ silk roads~
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
happy birthday to aunty anne ^______^
got an order from her husband for a surprise cake! we had to take this cake with us from 6am in the morning till 7pm (so it was in the car whilst on our car-trip to venus bay, it survived luckily!) =D
i thought id make a mud cake so it will hold! and not able to use chocolate or sugar for garnish (as it will melt in the car) i thought of using tuile :] ive always wanted to make flowers with tuile .. so i attempted it. first attempt. i will continue to practice making better blossoms!!!! a goal for 2010 shall we say? =P
this was a donna hay recipe. awesome stuff! :]
chocolate & orange mud cake
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Grease a 10'' springform pan and line the bottom and sides with baking paper.
- Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 8-10 minutes, or until the mixture is light and creamy.
- Gradually add the eggs and beat well.
- Add in the zest and beat again.
- Fold through the flour, baking powder, cocoa and melted chocolate and stir in the milk.
(i actually like to stir in my melted chocolate after the eggs .. mix the cocoa in milk to form a paste - just a thing i have! XD)
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 75 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Cool in tin completely.
Saturday, January 2, 2010
i was bored at home the other day: so i thought 'why not bake amanda?' hahaha :] looked through the fridge and cupboards to see what i could find .. so i made some quiche! yumyum in my tum! always loved quiche!!!! and still do ^________^