the love house :] in the clean way thank you very much. hahahaha!
i didnt want to make a christmas theme as its SOOOOOOO far away from us atm! i love gingerbread! nomnomnom!!!
have a go. courtesy of my teacher michelle's special recipe. it works like a charm:
gingerbread house dough (1 gingerbread house)
- 300g butter
- 500g castor sugar
- 100g golden syrup
- 900g plain flour
- 15g ground cinnamon
- 7.5g ground nutmeg
- 1.5g ground ginger
- pinch of salt (optional)
- 10g bicarbonate soda
- 200-250ml cold water
- lemon/orange zest or cardamon is optional too*
with the spices. you can actually vary them to how strong you want the flavour. i love the ginger flavour so i put more in heehee!!! :]
- cream butter & sugar & syrup
- sieve all dry ingredients
- rub in butter/syrup mixture until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs
- make a well in the breadcrumbs, and ass cold water to mix and knead into a smooth paste - note: DO NOT OVER WORK IT.
- tightly gladwrap the dough, press it down into a rectangular shape, and rest it in the fridge for at least 24hrs. this allows the flavours to mature and become more distinctive :] yumyum!
- after: powder your bench with some plain flour and roll out the dough to the thickness you want. u dont want any thicker than approx 5-6mm i reckon. the dough comes out pretty thick.
- then bake it @ 170-180degrees till golden brown.
- have your stencils rdy. once the cooked dough is out, you want to cut it straight away before the dough hardens!