so its EASTER week! what to bake what to bake?!?! i actually had a joint house-warming party and easter one so i thought why not just bake mini cupcakes for everyone! :] these were are a great hit to my surprise! great recipe i must say!! its adapted from Simply Sweet Bake Shop took me quite a while to finish these babies as i fiddled with the fondant for ages hahaha!
PLEASE NOTE: those are NOT kittens; they are bunnies.
those are NOT ducks; they are chickens.
HAHAHAHA -_________- sigh! i'll try again next year to perfect them =P
pure strawberry cupcakes LVL☆☆☆☆
(i manipulated this recipe alittle - you guys would knw i dont like really sweet things, so all my recipes i will change them alittle =P)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (i used unsalted)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tsp strawberry extract (i didnt have this, so i left it out, i used 1tsp vanilla extract)
- 1 cups pureed fresh strawberries (or alittle bit more =P)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 tsp teaspoon salt
- cream butter&sugar till fluffy.
- add egg whites one at a time.
- stir in strawberry puree, strawberry (or vanilla) extract, sour cream
(hint: i mixed the sour cream and strawberry puree together first)
- sift dry ingredients together
- add to butter mixture alternatively with sour cream mixture.
- pour into tin/ cupcake patties and bake until top is quite firm! :] yumyum~
*i didnt have my trusty camera on me this day so i had to use a phone to capture these =( so sad! hahahah! so sorry about the quality =(*